Roles and responsibilities
The Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is an opportunity for working professionals to immerse themselves in the public education system of the country for a period of one year. During this time the Fellows work at some of the most remote locations in India, exploring the nuances of public education by teaching in a government school in rural India.
- You will be placed in a school in one of our locations where you will engage with teachers, community and education functionaries.
- You will be teaching in a dedicated classroom for at least 150 days. You will also get to experience our work throughout the year.
- You will build your understanding by reading and discussing on the issues of education.
Post completion of the Fellowship, Fellows can continue to work with the Azim Premji Foundation in various capacities. We need passionate and committed individuals to work with us towards our vision of a just and equitable society. In the past more than 80% of our Fellows have decided to stay back with Azim Premji Foundation and contribute to the public education system.
Required Candidate profile
We welcome passionate people from a variety of backgrounds. Individuals are eligible to apply if they have:
- 4 to 10 years of work experience
- Graduation in any discipline
- Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu)
- Applicants need to be below 35 years of age, willing to travel within the district and ready to be posted in the districts we work in.
- For more information and to apply, please log on to http://bit.do/fellowship2021
Salary: ₹ NGO, Social Services, Regulators, Industry Associations
[Apply here ]