• Establishing new and maintaining existing, relationships with customers
• Managing and interpreting customer requirements
• Persuading clients that a product or service will best satisfy their needs
• Negotiating tender and contract terms
• Negotiating and closing sales by agreeing terms and conditions
• Offering after-sales support services
• Meeting regular sales targets
• Making technical presentations and demonstrating how a product will meet client needs
• Providing pre-sales technical assistance and product education
• Liaising with other members of the sales team and other technical experts
• Solving client problems
Opportunities With a huge necessity for IT resources, in the vast majority of businesses, you’re
likely to find opportunities as a network support engineer in a wide range of sectors, from retail to finance and government. Additionally, you could work within a specialist IT company that works for clients on a project by project basis.
With experience, you could progress towards network management and eventually take up a network controller role.
As well as an in depth knowledge of technology, employers will expect you to have the following
attributes to become a network support engineer:
• Good at problem solving
• Good at organizing and multitasking
• Able to explain technical problems in a simple terms
• Work well with people
• A dedication to continually update knowledge
• A clear understanding of the employer’s particular systems
• In depth knowledge of the four network types (LAN, WAN, MAN and GAN) Hours and Environment
Most of the time, you’re likely to work 9 hours a day. However if there are major problems, like a network fault to be fixed, or there’s major new software to be installed, you can find you’ll need to work late or at weekend. This would be necessary, as during normal office hours, IT maintenance can be disruptive to the business.
There’s also a possibility of being on call to cover any problems that might occur outside
of normal working hours. Often this will be on a rotator. There is a chance this can also be done remotely.
It’s mainly an office based role as you can manage the technology in different locations remotely.
At junior levels, you’re likely to be earning around Rs9000 and Rs30000 per month.
With experience this can increase up to Rs40000pm.
* PC/MAC Hardware (Desktop & Laptop)
* Understanding of how MACs integrates with Active Directory
* MAC OSX (10.6 – 10.8)
* Windows OS (Windows XP, 7, 8)
* Windows Deployment Services
* MS Office Products such as Outlook 2010
* Anti-Virus Products (Symantec)
* Understanding of Active Directory environment
* Basic knowledge of server 2008
Degree, Technical Diploma in Computer Science (or related discipline), or equivalent experience
* Flexibility of working hours is essential
Experience: 0 – 3 Years
Salary: 0 to 3 l.p.a.
No. of vacancy: 10
UG Education: Any Graduate in Any Specialization
PG Education: Any Post Graduate in Any Specialization
Delhi, India, IT Support and Networking