SML is a leading crop protection and crop nutrition company with sales in India and around the world over the tune of USD 60 million. The IP Head will be responsible for overseeing the entire IP function within the organization, including spearheading innovation with R&D and Product Development, patent search, drafting and prosecution, trademark search and prosecution, oppositions and litigation.
1. Drafting and filing of complete specifications for the inventions identified.
2. Manage, guide and train patent associates on conducting thorough searches and providing freedom-to-operate clearance and clear decision for the company in desired markets
3. Monitor quality and output of various patent searches
4. Manage pre- and post-grant oppositions.
5. Work with outside counsel to develop sound strategy for enforcing IP (patents and trademarks) and develop and manage entire litigation strategy and process.
6. Oversee and guide team and work with external foreign attorneys to successfully prosecute and obtain patents in various jurisdictions.
7. Manage and improve cost burden from foreign attorneys and outside counsel.
8. Manage trademark searches, filing and prosecution.
9. Monitoring competitors patents and identifying risks for potential infringement.
10. Train and guide each and every team member on various IP matters, from search, new case laws, patent drafting, and prosecution.
11. Actively work with R&D and Product Development to identify new gaps for product development, and assist in the development of an IP-driven portfolio.
12. Work with Directors as and when required to leverage the companys IP portfolio.
Background and Experience:
Minimum 15 years of experience in patent law, with respect to prior art searches, patent drafting, prosecution, managing patent portfolios, managing foreign patent applications, infringement, freedom-to operate, pre and post-grant oppositions, infringement suits and litigation.
Prior experience in Research & Development in Formulations is preferred.
Possess a Technical Degree B.E. or B Tech in an Engineering discipline or MSC or PhD in Chemistry or Masters or PhD in Pharmacy
Possess an LLB and be registered to practice as a patent agent at the Indian Patent Office
Salary: ₹ Not Disclosed by Recruiter
[Apply here ]