The Retail Director works at the direction of the President and is responsible for directing all retail operations and staff, providing leadership and managing the department and all purchases to maintain growth and profitability.
– Manages and directs the retail department operations on the basis of profit and ROI.
– Implements general policies established by the Board of Directors; directs their administration and execution.
– Directs, through subordinate managers and staff, the ongoing operations and/development of the retail operations within the scope of the company’s mission and vision, inclusive of, but not limited to:
E-commerce Department (Online retail opportunities)
– Research and establish new vendors for – green- and organic items
– Maintain and foster relationship with existing vendors
– Order all apparel and non apparel items
– Maintain appropriate stock levels for all retail avenues
– Purchase Merchandise to be used by Programs Dept.
– Purchase apparel for uniforms
– Purchase stock for Vessel use (wetsuits, shoes, snorkel gear, coffee, etc)
– Purchase Order Management
Retail Pro (POS system) Administration
– Training store management how to display merchandise
– Creating system & procedures to keep the floor maintained
Incorporating New Accounting Procedures Management, development and training of staff
Designs and artwork
– Develop 10 – 20 new designs annually
– Develop, grows and maintain network of artist relationships
– Create new designs for Programs Department
– Create new designs for Vessel Department
– Create new designs for whale day and whale run
– Create new designs for conservation campaigns
– Run, manage and staff retail booth at all appropriate company sponsored events.
– Retail Expansion
Actively develops and manages all facets of retail expansion opportunities to meet organizational goals inclusive of national and international growth.
Plans, designs and facilitates layout and look of new and existing retail locations.
Researches and purchases fixtures for store expansions.
– Actively plans and promotes retail signage and marketing efforts in cooperation with the Marketing Department.
– Assists in all facets of operations when necessary.
– Manages and coordinates year-end inventory and cycle counts.
– Actively recycles and promotes conservation principals within retail operations.
– Maintains an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
Salary: ₹ Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Retail, Wholesale
[Apply here ]