Opening with an internationally reputed service company,
offering a diversified portfolio of services, including Move Management, International Relocations, Fine Art Handling, Records Management and Logistics.
Key Areas of Responsibility
– Engage the board finance, audit, and investment committees around issues, trends, and changes in the operating model(s) and operational delivery.
– Assist in establishing yearly objectives and meeting agendas, and selecting and engaging outside consultants (auditors, investment advisors).
– Oversee long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with company strategic plan, especially as the organization considers potential acquisitions, and collaborations with external organizations.
2. Financial Planning and Analysis
– Finalization of Balance Sheet (Indian GAAP)
– Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; Monthly profit and loss forecast by division (vs. budget); Weekly cash flow forecast.
– Complete analysis of financial results; Develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
– Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new operations, asset acquisition, new service launches).
– Develop and maintain capital budget.
– Assist in development of financial planning and analysis exercises/reports.
– Plan & manage foreign exchange risk.
3. Accounting Activities
– Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements.
– Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
– Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
– Serve as point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
– Develop and manage accounting staff.
– Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
4. Cash Management
– Oversee weekly cash management; Approve weekly payables; Execute check signing
– Oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities.
Very Good Knowledge of Service Tax, Income Tax, Companies Act and HR- Statutory complaince understanding
– Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
– Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
– Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
– Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization”s operations and business plans.
6. Accounting and Administration
– Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function; supervise company finance staff.
– Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
– Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for board of directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
– Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
– Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
7. Team Management
– Mentor and develop a team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic.
– Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within for main company.
Education and Background
Candidates should have the following educational Qualifications:
– A minimum of 8 to 12 years, 3-6 years experience in a Managerial role.
– Chartered Accountant / Cost Accountant or a CA(Inter) With Very Worthy Experience
– Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
– Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
– Should be a self starter
– Candidates who can join on immediate basis will be given preference.