BASF shares a rich history with India spanning more than a century. With our vast knowledge in the field of chemistry, we manufacture high-quality, innovative products that cater to a wide range of industries. BASF in India has 9 production sites, 2 R&D; centers and more than 2,000 employees and is well positioned to meet the current and future needs of the ever-growing Indian market.
- Manage procurement related activities within capital projects Asia region
- Well control procurement cost, schedule and qualify of equipment and service by implementation of pre-defined procurement execution plan
- Ensure procurement plans and operations process meet the requirement of global and regional procurement strategy and BASF procedure
- This position will be having dual reporting functional reporting to Head of Capital projects Asia Pacific and disciplinary to the country procurement head South Asia.
- Define and align procurement execution plan including category strategy with project team, category buyers and engineering partner.
- Timely design, align and implement project specific procurement process with all stakeholders
- Monitors that EP/EPCM acts according to BASF requirements
- Strive for value contribution to Project Team and Business Unit.
- Align the project bidders lists in collaboration with the Global/Regional category buyers
- Define minimum requirements for master purchase order
- Ensuring that required deviations of the prescribed rules are approved internally and audit-proof documented
- Performs adequate control of EP contractorâ€™s procurement services
- Track procurement progress, completeness and traceability of related documents
- Avoid / mitigate and manage risks
- Manage change and claim, back-charging, capture lessons learned
- Manage the project deliverables of third party/contractors by having close supervision on the Expediting the delivery.
- Define the optimum sourcing strategy by using the appropriate Tax incentives/ tax planning in the local country where capex is incurred.
- Education: B.E/ B.TECH in Mechanical/ Chemical, with additional qualification of MBA is highly preferred
- Working Experience: â‰¥ 10 yearsâ€™ procurement experience across large Indian capital projects > 100 cr project size as PPM , overseas experience in middle east/ South East Asia projects is an add advantage.
- Working with large Indian and MNC engineering companies in the project procurement area of EPC/EPCM is an add advantage.
- Should be well versed with the Construction contracts, contract administration, claim management and contract close out including the legal exposure.
- Should be well versed with supplier Audits / qualifications/ EHS standards required for large MNC companies.
- Mobility and willing to travel overseas and stay for short assignment at overseas is the minimum requirement for this job. Willing to relocate to site locations during the project execution phase especially during the commissioning phase (1-2 Years).
Salary: ₹ Oil and Gas / Energy / Power / Infrastructure
Industry: Oil, Gas & Energy
Location: Navi Mumbai
[Apply here ]