Marketing Director in a top rated firm
1. POSITION IDENTIFICATION
Organization- One of the top three law firms in the country with presence across metros having more than 400 legal and managerial professionals. The firm is involved in big ticket corporate deals across practice groups like mergers & acquisitions, intellectual property, banking and project finance, taxation etc.
Title- Director Marketing
Functional Area – Marketing & Business Development-Legal services
Reports to – Works independently but has to work closely with partners and senior management of the Firm
2. POSITION OBJECTIVE
– Law Firm marketing directors lead and motivate a marketing team fulfilling the marketing function. They work closely with each practice group to understand offerings and should discuss strategy for developing and executing marketing and promotional plans.
– Their core activities can be classified under four major heads viz.
1. Marketing activities
2. Business development
3. Brand strategy
– Core responsibilities include developing marketing pitches, profiles and promotional materials for the firm and individual teams, recommending outreach strategies, coordinating media and speaking opportunities, managing PR, writing, editing, building database on international trip reports and referrals, deal submissions, law firm ranking, maintaining the firm’s website and deal announcement, facilitating marketing induction and training, assisting practice area leaders in the proposal development process, planning special events and assisting in seminar and conference preparation.
– Marketing directors must also communicate with external sources both nationally and internationally, like distributing educational material to them, sending them newspaper articles about the firm, developing and inviting them to seminars and talks that and corporate gifting during festive seasons.
3. COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
– Marketing directors must have at least 10 to 15 years’ professional marketing experience along with MBA from reputed institutions, with the bulk of it coming from management-level positions in the legal services/consulting services/financial services field. They must be excellent execution skill, above average planning skills and should be superior communicators.
Other valued soft skills
– Staying positive under demanding circumstances and ability to handle multiple priorities
– Must score high on empathy as he/she will be required to deal with partners who have very high demand for action and urgency
– Should be flexible and creative but at the same time diligent under the regulatory framework.
India, Legal, Marketing & PR, Mumbai