Hope this email finds you well!!
We wish to inform that we have an immediate vacancy for the post of Head Of Legal Department / General Counsel – India for a major Multi National German Insurance & Financial Services Organization.
THE DESIGNATE APPLICANTS’S KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
· Provide advice to senior level management on legal and regulatory issues. Advising all divisions and departments on litigation and non -litigation matters involving all the relevant and applicable laws including all land related laws.
· Lead a team of Legal Counsels.
· Liase and work closely together with the General Counsel’s office of AMOS in Munich. Closely collaborate with the Head of Compliance India.
· Policy development: Review and take corrective actions on legal implications of internal policies and procedures. Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with Statutory, Legal Corporate requirements.
· Raise red flags/ make recommendations to other members of the Legal Department.
· Drafting various types of documentation including Non-Disclosure Agreements, disclosure agreements.
· Vetting and reviewing of various legal documents. Review different commercial and procurement contracts and other related legal documents and ensure compliance of Company’s internal risk parameters and achievement of business objectives.
· Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training & disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff. Manage, monitor & defend all the litigation matters of the company. Review different commercial and procurement contracts and other related legal documents and ensure compliance of Company’s internal risk parameters and achievement of business objectives.
· Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where Corporate, Statutory, Corporate, Compliance and other Legal risks are identified, action plans and drawn up and progress is made to always mitigate all external and internal risks.
· At least 10+ years of post-qualification experience Experience in working in-house with a multi-national company or with a reputable law firm with responsibility for review, drafting.
· Exposure to Accounts/Finance/Taxation matters would be preferred.
· Experience in corporate legal activities.
· Management experience as team leader in the legal function or as General Counsel in an international company.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
Is a Global Leader in Insurance & Financial Services. The company is headquartered in Germany and spread across different continents with employee strength of 1,42,000 worldwide. Is based out of Trivandrum and Pune, is a shared services offshoring unit offering IT, ITeS and IT Infrastructural services with employee strength of more than 3000 employees. It has achieved total revenues of approximately 125.2 billion euros.
India, Legal, Trivandrum